K.V. Slammers rep teams for 2018-19 season
Rep team programs
The KVBA Rep program's objective is to develop players to play basketball at a more competitive level with a focus on both individual and team skills.
Players will represent the KVBA at invitational tournaments and Provincial Championships. KVBA will, when possible, strive to align our Competitive Rep Teams with the programming levels recommended by Basketball New Brunswick.
To play at the Rep level requires commitment, dedication, and a strong work ethic. There are at least two practices a week and games are usually scheduled for Sundays. Our Rep teams travel throughout the province and potentially out of province for games or tournaments. Most games and tournaments will be played on weekends.
The KVBA expects a player to commit to 85% of games and 85% of practices. If this commitment is not possible, we ask that players do not try out for the Rep Program. Please ensure that the player can make the commitment to practices and games before they decide to try out for one of our Rep teams.
There is an additional rep fee cost to cover the Team’s operating costs (i.e. Refs and tournament fees). KVBA Rep Guidelines can be found on this page, please take a moment to review them. The guidelines are extensive and contain valuable information surrounding Coach selection, Team selection and Player expectations.
If you have any questions, please contact the KVBA Rep Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRYOUT Information update
TIER 2 TRYOUTS
Here are the finalized schedules for the Under 12 and Under 14 Tier 2 boys and girls tryouts. Please read the details of the tryout process on this page. If you have questions, please contact our rep director Jen Hindle at email@example.com.
REP TEAM TRYOUT SCHEDULE
TIER 2 TRYOUT INFORMATION:
KVBA will be holding open tryouts for its 2018-2019 Competitive Rep teams in September.
The following are the Divisions for this year’s Rep Season:
• U14 Tier 1 (children born in 2005/2006 are eligible to play)
• U14 Tier 2 (children born in 2005/2006 are eligible to play)
• U12 Tier 1 (children born in 2007/2008/2009 are eligible to play)
• U12 Tier 2 (children born in 2007/2008/2009 are eligible to play)
Tier 3 level teams - while we have in the past have fielded Tier 3 level teams, the decision to form these teams this season will not be determined until our tryout process has commenced and our Player Selection committee, Technical Director and Rep Director have had an opportunity to consult. Every effort will be made to communicate the decision to the membership in a timely fashion.
Please carefully read through the following information:
• Players MUST have registered and paid for the 2018-2019 KVBA season; Players not registered for the regular season will NOT be permitted to try out for a Rep Team
• Players MUST also register for the Rep Tryout; the Rep Director must have all player information prior to the tryout process
• All tryouts are MANDATORY; players MUST attend BOTH tryouts to be considered for the team
It will be a two session tryout- at the first session cuts will be made such that under 20 players will be invited to return the final night for team selection.
• U14 and U12 Tier 1 Teams will be chosen before our Tier 2 Teams
Other Important Information regarding the tryouts
• Only those players that are invited back will attend the 2nd tryout for the Division. Players who are not invited back for a Tier 1 tryout can attend the try-outs for the Tier 2 Division
• Names of Players who will be invited back to continue the tryout process will be posted on the KVBA website.
• Final team lists will be posted on the KVBA website.
• A Rep Team Selection Committee, consisting of three (3) Evaluators will evaluate the players and will choose players for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Teams.
• When selecting players the Rep Team Selection Committee will consider athletic ability, skill, potential, endurance, team skills, coachability and desire to learn and play.